Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pound Cake

So, most of the time i'm bored. Even with a kid, a husband, a full-time job, part-time grad student and whatever else, no actually, i just get bored easily. To cure my boredness, i need to stay busy making things. Whether it be food, clothes, laundary detergent, whatever, i intend to talk about it here.

Last night I stayed busy by makin a pound cake. It's the first one i've had since my Mawmaw Hebert made one like 10+ years ago. I have this book called Baking Illustrated. It's great cause the people who wrote it work in a test kitchen where they test 50-100 recipies before coming up the best one. So, all the work is already done! How fabulous is that! The cake was, well, nothing short of perfect. A good moisture/texture content is hard to achieve in a pound cake, but this one was right on. Those testers sure knew what they were talking about. I'll post a picture later.

No comments:

Post a Comment